Thursday 29 January 2015

Sing for Me by Gracie Madison


*ARC provided for honest review, thank you!

Madeline Noel fled war-torn Heaven to hide within the mortal world, but the blessing that could protect her from evil is the holy realm's forbidden power. As a talented soprano for the Eden Theatre Company, Madeline hides among prima donnas and tone-deaf flutists. Her perfect voice may entertain audiences, but a careless laugh may shatter glass, and her greatest scream can kill. To control her unrestrained voice, the angels forbid Madeline from embracing the emotions that strengthens her song. Anger. Fear...Love. 
The demon-hunter Damascus vows to defend Madeline from Hell's relentless evil, but he cannot protect her from her own feelings. Though they deny their dangerous attraction, her guardian becomes her greatest temptation. Surrendering to desire may awaken the gift suppressed within Madeline's soul, and neither Heaven nor Hell will allow such absolute power to exist. 

I really enjoyed the book, though it took me a while to really become engaged in the story. I felt as though I was missing some details and had to re-read some passages to make sure that I wasn't actually missing something important. But after a few chapters of being thrown head first into the unknown, I started to really enjoy Madeline's story. I haven't read many stories where the main character is a soprano singer, but being in an orchestra myself, I could definitely relate to those damn tone deaf flutes! I loved the writing as well, it was smooth and flowing and had my attention right up until the very end. A beautiful story filled with angels, opera and love, what more could you ask for?!

Rating: 3.5/5


No comments:

Post a Comment