Thursday 15 January 2015

Darkness Series by Stacey Marie Brown

           

                 


Freak. Witch. Crazy. Schizo.
Ember Brycin has been called them all. She's always known she's different. No one has ever called her normal, even under the best of circumstances. Bizarre and inexplicable things continually happen to her, and having two different coloured eyes, strange hair, and an unusual tattoo only contributes to the gossip about her.
When the latest school explosion lands her in a facility for troubled teens, she meets Eli Dragen, who's hot as hell and darkly mysterious. Their connection is full of passion, danger, and secrets. Secrets that will not only change her life, but what and who she is-leading her down a path she never imagined possible. 
Between Light and Dark, Ember finds a world where truth and knowledge are power and no one can be trusted. But her survival depends on finding out the truth about herself. In her pursuit, she is forced between love and destiny and good and evil, even when the differences between them are't always clear. At worst, she will incite a war that could destroy both worlds. At best, she will not only lose her heart but her life and everyone she loves. Once the truth is out, however, there will be no going back. And she'll definitely wish she could. 

I have done absolutely nothing for four days because I was so immersed into this series that I managed to block out all of my responsibilities and holiday homework for almost a solid week. Looking back now, my brain is telling me that it was an extremely weak move, and yet my heart is telling me that it wouldn't have missed the experience for the world. I am kicking myself because I failed to pick up this series when I first heard of it a year ago, but at least I didn't have to go through the torturously long waits of the cliffhangers. I loved this series so much and can barely put it into words, it has everything you could ask for in an Urban Fantasy series. An awesomely hilarious protagonist, a sex-on-a-stick love interest who is as dangerous as he is hot, several loveable secondary characters including two alcoholic pixies and antagonists who live in grey (except for the queen, she's bat shit cray cray). But let's not forget the fantastically magical world building that gripped me tight right up until the end. With witty banter, dangerous creatures, magic, swords and unforgettable characters, I really wish I came upon more books like the Darkness series. 

Overall Rating: 4.5/5

Books in the Darkness Series

Darkness of Light
Fire in the Darkness
Dwellers of Darkness
Blood Beyond Darkness

No comments:

Post a Comment