Thursday 29 January 2015

Incite by Erica Crouch


*ARC provided for honest review, thank you!

Earth is in ruins, and the war of Heaven and Hell has spilled over into the mortal world. In the frozen wasteland of the apocalypse, Azael and his band of cohorts search for Pen and Michael with orders to kill. Little does he know that his sister has incited a rebel army of her own. 
Angels and demons alike stand side by side, ready and willing to fight for a future they didn't realise they could have. Change doesn't come easy, though. Pen is wary of joining New Genesis' revolution, but when Azael shows his hand and Pen learns all that he holds over them, she chooses to fight back, no matter the risk. She only has to survive, one hour at a time. 

This series feels more like reading poetry than a novel, I have never read a series that has touched my soul like Ignite has. As soon as I started reading I felt as though I was completely immersed into not only Pen's, but Azael's lives. The juxtaposition between the two characters is monumental, one calling out to the light side in each of us, and the other almost howling for the part of us where chaos and madness lays in wait. But if there is one thing that this book has taught me, it's that light can be dark and dark can be light. Pen has her selfish side, whilst Azael desperately grasps at the love for his sister. I love absolutely everything about this book, but my favourite aspect is definitely the writing, even the battle scenes move like poetry, and I could almost feel the biting cold of the earth it was described so beautifully. I just can't believe it ended like that! Cliffhangers are going to be the death of me. But especially this one because the lead up to the action was breath taking and heart stopping but then ArE you KidInG mE!? But I really could go for a few more books and beg for each and every one of them without shame. Another beautiful book in a series quickly working its way into my heart, filled with love, betrayal and redemption. 

Rating: 5/5 Titans

"Surviving is so different than being alive"

Ignite by Erica Crouch


No comments:

Post a Comment