Saturday 31 January 2015

Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard


*ARC provided for an honest review, thank you!

The poverty stricken Reds are commoners, living under the rule of the Silvers, elite warriors with god-like powers. To Mare Barrow, a 17-year-old Red girl from the Stilts, it looks like nothing will ever change. Mare finds herself working in the Silver Palace, at the centre of those she hated the most. She quickly discovers that, despite her red blood, she possesses a deadly power of her own. One that threatens to destroy Silver control. But power is a dangerous game. And in this world divided by blood, who will win?

I've only read the first book of this amazing new series, and I can already tell that I am going to be in this story right up until the very end. I don't know how to describe it really, all I know is that I read the first page and all of a sudden it was finishing and I was shouting and crying because that was such an intense ending! Everything is a blur of amazing writing, engaging characters, awesome world-building and horrifying powers. This book pulls no punches and I was cringing as much as I was excited by the detailed descriptions of abilities being put to gruesome uses, because where most books usually focus on the good uses for powers, Red Queen shows the dark side to having god-like powers, where even the main characters are not immune to its seductive pull. A thrilling new series heavy on the elitism, rebellion, betrayal, and power. Cannot wait until the next book! 

Rating: 5/5 

"Anyone can betray anyone."

No comments:

Post a Comment