Saturday 11 October 2014

The Kindred Series by Nicola Claire




Vampyres, Shifters, Ghouls and Faeries all abound in a world where the Norms, (those humans without magical abilities) are ignorant to the creatures of the night and the supernatural wars waging around them. Lucinda Monk is a bank-teller by day, Vampire hunter by night, but she wasn't always a part of this world. Thrown into a heady mix of powerful and sensual beings, she's had to find her way blindfolded, but she's a capable and practical kind of girl. Her motto: Never show fear. Never give an inch. Always stay on guard. But there is change afoot, a Prophecy that whispers of powers that will unite the light with the dark. Is Lucinda the one? Or is she just another cog in a wheel moulded by those more powerful, hungry and bloodthirsty than her? From the urban streets of cities all over the world, to the dark alleys and sinful bars that promise a wickedness a girl from the farm has never been exposed to. And even if she is the Light that the prophecy has spoken of, her life will still be intimately entwined with the Dark. 

Just finished re-reading one of my favourite series of all time which is why I haven't posted in a while. Once you open up that first book and read that first line, you have to finish the whole series. Nicola Claire is absolutely one of my favourite authors of all time, she really knows how to provide a beautiful mix of action, romance and the supernatural, and having read all of her series and loving them all, I feel that I can say that 'Kindred' is my favourite, and having just finished them all for the second time I'm sure you can tell I'm not being my usual sarcastic self. I adore Lucinda, Michel and their gang of kick-ass friends, I almost feel like I know them personally, and that's always a good sign when reading a book. Not only do I love the good guys, but sometimes I just can't help but loving the bad ones too, because Claire always makes sure that you know them almost personally and also that they are not just some malevolent force always prevalent in the background of a plot. The world building is beautiful and takes you all around the world, from Auckland, Paris, London, Rio and then to other worlds entirely. A very special combination of Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Romance that you just can't help but love. 

Overall Rating: 4/5

"The Light will capture the Dark and hold it dear"

Books in the Kindred Series

Kindred
Blood Life Seeker
Forbidden Drink

Giver of Light
The View from Here (Michel POV)
Dancing Dragon

Shadow's Light
Entwined with the Dark
Kiss of the Dragon
Dreaming of a Blood Red Christmas (Michel POV)



No comments:

Post a Comment