Thursday 10 July 2014

Lovely Vicious by Sara Wolf

Isis Blake hasn't fallen in love in 3 years, 9 weeks and 5 days, and after what happened the last time, she intends to keep it that way. After a huge physical and emotional transformation, Isis moves to Ohio with her mother in order to escape both of their bad relationships. Jack Hunter is the Ice Prince of East Summit High, hotter than an Armani add and colder than the Arctic, he has never spared a thought for anyone at his high school...until Isis Blake punches him in the face, and suddenly everything is a game with the objective to make the other beg for mercy. 

One of my favourite books, Lovely Vicious is filled with heartache, copious amounts of humour and eventually, the chance of loving and being loved in return. The verbal battle of wits and wills between Isis and Jack is some of the best dialogue I have ever read and never failed to make me laugh and most importantly, question my own thoughts on the subjects they battled over. A must read book that almost everyone will enjoy, and definitely one of my favourite of all time stories. Other books in the series so far include 'Savage Delight' and 'Brutal Precious'. 

Rating: 5/5 Titans

"I would love to slap you right now, but I'm currently wielding a nine pound ball and I'm afraid that would be called murder."

No comments:

Post a Comment